Wednesday 12 August 2015

Let's Talk: Untamed by Jessica Sorensen

Untamed (Unbeautiful #2) by Jessica Sorensen
Let's Talk contains spoilers


2 stars

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Emery
No matter how hard I try, I never seem to be able to escape my family’s world. Their madness controls my life, just like insanity consumes my mind.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s real.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell who I really am. The person everyone sees? Or the one I keep trapped inside?
I wonder which person Ryler sees. Just like I wonder who I can trust.
Wonder. Wonder. Wonder. 
I wonder too much.
I wish I could just find a way to escape it all and finally be free.

Ryler
I live a double life and sometimes I hate myself for it. Watching Emery fall apart—pretending I don’t care—is killing me inside.
I want to tell her the truth, but I also want a new life.
Want. Want. Want. 
I want too much. Sometimes it’s hard to tell what I really desire.
I wish I could be free from the confusion, free from this life.

---------------------------------------------

Wow, what a shame. I had such high hopes for this series.
But it ended the way that 95% of NA ends. With two horny people having sex.
It's such a shame. I loved the first one!
It was a thrilling read! Trying to figure out what was going on with Emery and finding out how Emery and Ryler were connected was so interesting!
Then the sequel came and it was... alright.
It's really quite disappointing. It seems that anytime a good NA novel is written, it has to be dashed by its sequel.
Anyways, in this book Emery fights her physical attraction for Ryler while Ryler does the same. This lasts about 40% of the book before they actually act on their feelings. Then they get upset for acting on it and wait another 10% before actually having sex. Then they separate for a bit and then get back together and have sex.
Sound familiar?


But the ending was good enough that I still gave it 2 stars.

In the end they ended up in witness protection together. Which, I didn't love being now they will never see Violet and Luke again, but seemed to be the only way it could go.

Rating: 5/10
Parental Rating: 15+

Let me know what you thought of the series or other Jessica Sorensen books!

No comments:

Post a Comment