Readers Problems Tag1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide to read next?
It depends on what I was reading prior and how I felt about it. But most of the time I will take all the books that I want to read and put them in front of me. Then I will try to decide using Goodreads, Amazon, and what I want to read.
2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I am committed. When I get halfway through a book, there is no turning back. I have to finish the book, because who knows: it could get better (but chances are it only gets worse). But I still feel a commitment to finish it.
3. The end of the year is coming and you're so close, yet so far from your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Sometimes I turn to comics, but most of the time I just change my goal. I remember one year I wanted to read 70, but the year just couldn't allow it, so I had to change it to 55.
4. The covers of a series you love does not match. How do you cope?
This kills me! It makes me so mad when authors change the covers! If I really love the series, I'll buy the other books in the series in the new edition. But if it is just a series that I don't really care much about, I just leave them. I always make sure all my series are next to each other on my shelves.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I try to find people who agree with me and talk to them about it. Sometimes I tell my sister, but usually she loves books I dislike so it makes it hard. But other than that, I just look for people on Goodreads who agree.
6. You're reading a book and you're about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I have only cried at one book and that was Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. It is really rare for me to cry during books, so I don't see this happening to me. But, if it did occur, I would just cry.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a summary on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!
I don't reread often (very very rare for me to), so usually I'll read my review and a couple others to remind myself. If I just want to read it, I'll just pick it up and read it and remind myself as the books goes on.
8. You do not want anyone - ANYONE - borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Usually I'll say: "Yeah, sometime." But never give it out. Or I'll say: "Sorry, I really don't want to lend that out right now."
9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I read a quick book. Maybe a romance or a really short novel. I'll try to find a book that is worth reading or one that I've been meaning to get to for a while. Then I will force myself to read it (at least 35 pages a day in order to finish it).
10. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Probably all of them. :)
I'll buy them as they come out on their dates.
11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
For a very short period of time. If I have been dying to read it, I'll probably read it as soon as I get it. If I just bought it because someone recommended it, it might sit there for a few months (or years...).
I hope you guys enjoyed my tag! Check it out at Enchanted by YA (above)!
Comment below and let me know what you think - do you agree with my answers? Disagree?
I tag Alex @ Book Chick and Laura